Sunday, March 11, 2007

Estocolmo (This is the Last Straw)

from the collaboration project PERSONAE

ESTOCOLMO
Mónica Nepote

Mi rostro tiene la huella de tu puño cerrado,
un sello cardenal.
Es perfecta la armonía,
el sollozo contenido,
corazones rabiosos.
Nos pienso así:
divinos, enlutados,
atrincherados en nuestras propias bombas
de tiempo.
La sumisión,
los cerrojos.
Ciega soy, estatua rota.
Si un dios decadente nos filmara
hasta el fin del mundo,
aquí estaría
roja y liada
ante mi hermoso verdugo.



THIS IS THE LAST STRAW
Mónica Nepote, trans. Becca Klaver

My face contains the mark of your closed fist,
a bruise stamp.
Perfect harmony,
contained sobs,
rabid hearts.
I think of us like this:
divine, in mourning,
entrenched in our own time
bombs.
Submission,
bolts.
I’m blind, a broken statue.
If a decadent god filmed us
until the end of the world
I would be here
red and tied
before my handsome hangman.

No comments: